- HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?If you have been injured and negligence may have caused the injury, you should promptly talk to Marco Sanchez, an attorney with experience in personal injury and negligence cases. Marco Sanchez knows what your rights are under the law. You may be entitled to compensation. Only an experienced attorney can properly evaluate your case and protect your rights. Insurance companies have been notorious for attempting to have you settle your claim before you speak to an attorney, which can result in you not getting the full value of your case.
- WHAT IS A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?Personal injury claims arise when one person is injured due to the negligence of another. A personal injury lawyer is an expert and has extensive experience in personal injury claims and negligence issues. Unfortunately, personal injury can lead to death, so a personal injury lawyer will also be experienced in wrongful death claims. Each case is different and the laws complex, varying from state to state. It is very important to speak with a Texas personal injury lawyer with successful experience in personal injury claims.
- IF I GET HURT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
First and foremost, you should seek immediate medical attention. Only a medical professional can assess and treat your injuries. If you are able, you should get the names of witnesses without making any statements of fault, take pictures of the accident area and contact your insurance company if you have one. Then, it is imperative that you immediately contact our office and talk to Marco Sanchez, an experienced personal injury attorney. The first days after an accident can change the course of the outcome. It is very important that you have an advocate before the other side's attorney or insurance company contacts you or your family.
- HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH MY CLAIM IS WORTH?There is no way to determine a specific amount you might receive. You may be entitled to compensation for short- and long-term medical expenses, lost wages, reduced earning capacity, pain and suffering, and emotional anguish. You may be awarded punitive damages as well. All factors surrounding the incident have to be evaluated and considered. Marco Sanchez can evaluate your claim and determine what compensation you might be entitled to.
- HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO RESOLVE MY LAWSUIT?The amount of time that it will take to resolve your case will depend on several different factors; however, there is no way to say for sure, as each case is unique. If you are able to negotiate a fair settlement out of court, for example, your case could be resolved in as little as a few months. If you need to pursue a lawsuit at trial, it could take years to reach a resolution.
- IF I CALL MARCO SANCHEZ, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?Initially, you will meet with Marco Sanchez in person or on a web conferencing software (Zoom) for a free consultation and evaluation. During your consultation, you will be asked questions about the accident, such as where and how it happened and what you did after the accident. During the consultation, Marco Sanchez will evaluate the case and advise you if you have a legitimate claim. Once you have hired Marco, he or she will contact the other side to share that you now have legal representation. All future contact with the defendant will now be handled by Marco Sanchez. Your personal injury attorney, Marco Sanchez, will fully investigate all aspects of the incident, including gathering any information you have such as names of witnesses and pictures. Your attorney will become your advocate and ensure that your rights are protected. You may be asked additional questions, but remember, your attorney is on your side. If necessary, a lawsuit will be filed on your behalf.
- DO I HAVE TO GO TO COURT?Most cases are settled out of court. Only a small percentage of all personal injury cases end in trial.
- WHAT DOES CONTINGENCY MEAN?
The definition of contingency is something that is based on unforeseen events. In this type of situation, it is referring to the payment arrangements between you and your lawyer. Generally, Texas personal injury lawyers work on contingency. A contingent fee agreement means your attorney will be paid a percentage of what you receive. The specifics of the agreement state what percentage of those funds your lawyer receives. In addition, the attorney may provide the financial resources for court costs and other fees, and will recover those fees from your funds as well. Your lawyer may work with medical professionals who will provide medical care on contingency. If you do not win, contingent fee agreements may require you to pay all of the costs that have accrued. This is apart from paying the attorney, whose fee is based solely on percentage. The attorney does not get paid if you do not win. It is important to know the terms of your agreement.
- I WAS IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT WITH AN UNINSURED MOTORIST. WHAT HAPPENS NOW?Some auto policies include uninsured motorist coverage. If you purchased that type of coverage, you may be entitled to payment for your damages within the limits of the policy. You should discuss this and other options with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer can evaluate your case and make the appropriate recommendations.
- SHOULD I TALK TO WITNESSES? It is important to gather the names and contact information of witnesses, but do not discuss the accident with them. It is imperative that you make no statements of fault. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. He or she will investigate your accident, including questioning any potential witnesses without jeopardizing your claim
- SHOULD I TALK TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY?Do not make any statements of fault to anyone, including friends, family or the police. While it is important to access your support system for comfort and assistance, it is advisable that you refrain from discussing the accident with anyone, particularly if that person is a potential witness. It is the job of your personal injury attorney to speak on your behalf to all parties involved. He or she is familiar with applicable statutes and will protect your rights under the law.
- I WAS HURT SIX MONTHS AGO BUT I AM NOT BETTER. CAN I STILL FILE A CLAIM?It is important that you contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. You may still be able to file a claim legally, but depending on the actions you have taken since the accident, your claim may have been weakened. Texas has a statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit as well as a wrongful death suit. An attorney will be able to evaluate your claim as well as advise you on the statute of limitations that applies in your case.